Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_3_] LouB[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone Have Comcast Cable?

wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:52:23 -0500, bud--
wrote:

Since you have a "new digital converter boxes" you have probably gone
through "digital conversion", and the old analog channels (other than
those above), like Discovery, are only available as digital channels
through the converter.

In my opinion Comcast has shot themselves in the foot. The only real
advantage cable had was that you could hook up all your cable ready
TVs and other devices without a box. Now that you need a box
everywhere anyway, satellite really looks attractive. Dish is going to
save me over $50 a month with the bundle I am getting through my phone
company, my existing DSL will be faster and I am getting a lot of new
features in my phone for that price. It will be very satisfying for me
to cut that cable and throw it out in the right of way although I
suspect a scrapper will have it before I can walk back into the
house..

I would get dish but it dies whenever there is a decent rainstorm.
I am in FL