Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default Apology to list

Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a long, long day. It's been 14 hours since I got
up, and that included transmission work on my van, and three
super emergency rush calls. My allergies have been wicked
for two days. Not that excuses bad behaviour, just helps
understand.

Normally I don't use crude language, even on usenet.
Tonight, well. I made a bad decision. I'm sorry if anyone
was offended.

If it was on a political thread I wouldn't have noticed it anyway.

A preacher was new to town, so he decided he'd get on his old bicycle,
to ride around and get familiar with what was where.

As he rode through one neighborhood, he noticed a kid sitting under a
tree, with a lawn mower and a "for sale" sign. He needed a lawn mower,
so he stopped to talk.

The kid said he was saving up for a bicycle, and since his dad had
gotten a new riding mower, he was letting the kid sell the old mower.

The preacher thought a moment, then proposed a trade. So the kid tried
out the bike -- rode it down the street and back -- and liked it. Then
the preacher asked if the mower ran well. "Oh sure, my Dad mowed with
it last week, just before he got his new riding mower".

"Well, I'll just give it a pull and see if it runs".

The preacher tries and tries, but can't get it to start.

"Son, I don't see how this is going to start".

"Oh, it always starts for my dad, but you gotta cuss at it".

"Son, I'm a preacher -- I forgot how to cuss a long time ago".

"Keep trying, you'll remember after a while".

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com