Posted to alt.home.repair
jkthecjer jkthecjer is offline

Default Help with security

On Apr 21, 2:10*pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 21, 12:03*pm, Evan wrote:

On Apr 21, 7:24*am, ransley wrote:

On Apr 20, 11:42*pm, Evan wrote:

I think you mean Medeco locks...

They are good but not impenetrable...

*~~ Evan

No lock is impenetrable, sure you can drill and saw and hammer, but
its hardened brass, not HD quality stuff, but it cant be picked or
bumped and has a real long hard bolt. To get past one takes alot of
time.

Medeco, can't be bumped or picked ? *LOL...
If you know what you are doing you can read the lock with a
variety of tools called 'Medecoders', and create your own bump
key for that lock based on the angles used on the key cuts...

Medeco can also be picked, it just takes quite a bit longer
to gain entry past a Medeco lock that it does an ordinary
one...

Medeco locks are *MUCH* harder to drill than an ordinary
lock as they are equipped with half-moon anti-drill plates
inside front of the shell where the plug meets the shell
and hardened anti-drill pins further back in the cylinder
which will break your drill bit... *This applies only to the
rim and mortise cylinder type locks...

However, someone who really knows what they are
doing can get past a Medeco lock cylinder with no
problem...

In this situation it is more important for the OP to
install an alarm system than it is for him to waste
$300 per opening on Medeco locks only to find that
next time the vandals have chosen to break in by
means of smashing a window because of the new
fancy locks installed on all the doors...

~~ Evan

Medico can be picked? by who, not my locksmith who is a pro. And how
do you "get by " one. And in what amount of time.

Hey there,

I'm the inventor of the Medecoder tool(s) that was mentioned above.
If you're interested in how they work, I've written up a page about it
and how the company responded:

http://theamazingking.com/medecoder.html

I have met many many locksmiths that don't believe it until I pick one
in front of them. I was also able to use the tool to open a classic,
biaxial, and m3 in front of Medeco's director of research (he drove to
my apartment). The good news is that the meeting we had led to them
fixing the problem. Thus, the brand new Medecos pinned at the factory
(or using new pin kits) are only slightly vulnerable to the attack.
For picking times on the vulnerable locks (almost all of them still),
I average around 2-5 minutes. Lemme know if you got any questions :-)