Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Shed base

mark
wibbled on Thursday 22 April 2010 15:20

Nothing wrong with the above method. However I'm currently working on a
patio project and I'm using a weak cement mortar of about a 12:1 mix of
sand and cement. I'm doing it wet with a splash of Feb (plasticiser) which
I think is important as it allows the mortar to respond better to being
tapped
down , much more so than on dry mortar in my experience It goes down 2 to
3 inches thick just over the area of a slab then I pull 3 deep grooves in
it with a bricklaying trowel and place the slab on top. The slab is easily
tapped level and aligned.

mark

Nice variation

--