Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B. Slocomb John B. Slocomb is offline

Default water pipe corrosion

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:11:54 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 02:15:29 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
ctanews.com...

If you can access these parts out of the system, and since it's
non-potable water, I'd look at a coating like those made to coat inside
a gas tank.

Do you have a name. Need more direction to know what to order.
I'd to order it yet today.

First, learn to type in complete sentences. bseg

How about Pick-Up Truck bed liner goo, like "Rhino"?

Even if it did work, it's naturally sticky and would give the moving
water fits as it went through the pipe. Can you say "turbulence"? I
knew you could.

Hmm, Slick50 treatment? Connect pipes, pour in Slick50, rotate long
section while heating, pour out Slick50. Hmm...

The oil field people usually demand that after a "pig" is run by
driving it with water, the water either be completely removed or the
pipe be left completely full.

I am assuming from your posts that the pipes require draining to
prevent freezing but I wonder whether, after draining as best as
possible an air compressor could be connected and "blow down" the pipe
for a few days might not prevent further corrosion.

John B. Slocomb
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)