Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Maximum spacing of ceiling corregated metal.

On Apr 21, 6:35*pm, "RAM³" wrote:
stryped wrote in news:9b0b63fa-76c1-428b-9ee2-
:

I want it to look good, but I need to do it by myself and it not be
too expensive. I really considered the suspended ceiling but it is
pricy. What do you guys think of a suspended ceilign in a garage?

A few important questions:

1. Will you be using the garage solely for vehicle and yard tool storage?

2. Will the garage be your shop?

3. What material is on the iterior walls of your garage?

If the answer to 1. is "Yes" then your only concern would be the height
of your vehicle(s).

If the answer to 2. is "Yes" then you need to ask yourself if
flammability is an issue _and_ if the ability to replace relatively small
sections of the ceiling would be of benefit. (The advantage of the
ability to add/position *overhead lighting is obvious! G)

If the answer to 3. is "nothing" then the insulation factor doesn't
apply. G

This is a garage and a shop but a "hobby" shop. (Repairing my cars,
lawn mowers, some woodworking when I get the erdge, etc.)

The outside is corregated metal siding. I have insulated the wals with
r-13 and am in the process of doing the ceilign with r-30.