Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Maximum spacing of ceiling corregated metal.

On Apr 21, 3:48*pm, "RAM³" wrote:
stryped wrote in news:084313b3-c22a-4e9c-8ba8-
:

On Apr 21, 2:56*pm, "RAM³" wrote:
stryped wrote in news:dc5f3ea9-c01e-47bd-8fc2-
:

My trusses in garage are four foot on center. Is 4 foot on center ok
if I were to use 29 guage metal for an inside ceiling?

Have you considered using a suspended ceiling - the kind used in
office/commercial buildings?

The two biggest advantages: light weight and sound absorption.

Installation is relatively simple, too. G

I thought about that but was worried about humidity and things. When I
priced it out it was over 1000 dollars!

If "Cheap" is your over-riding concern then why put up a ceiling at all?

If you simply MUST put one up then you might want to consider using large
silver tarpaulins stretched either under or over the rafters to interrupt
airflow. This is the cheapest way - and looks it.- Hide quoted text -

I want it to look good, but I need to do it by myself and it not be
too expensive. I really considered the suspended ceiling but it is
pricy. What do you guys think of a suspended ceilign in a garage?