Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do TMT's mommies have two Glocks too?

Gunner Asch on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:44:09 -0700
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:12:47 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:09:51 -0700

An important reason for requiring training to get a CCW is to inform
applicants of these issues. Not all states require training. I
encourage everyone who buys a first handgun to get this training
whether or not they intend to carry or apply for a permit.

I strongly agree with Don. Get training!

It covers your ass if the **** hits the fan, and it helps you make the
RIGHT decisions. Which isnt always,,,, pulling the trigger.

"Lethal force is not an option. It is all that you have left
after your options run out." I remember that from the class.

Absolutely correct.

Which is the reason Ive NOT had to pull the trigger the last 6 times I
had to present my weapon. I hope..pray... that continues.

The MP told me he was taught, and did teach, "Do not un holster
unless you mean to fire it, do not fire unless you intend to shoot
some one, do not shoot some one unless you intend a fatal wound." Not
that you _had_ do all those things, but "It's not a game, it's not a
method for sending a 'message' - if you're not as serious as a heart
attack in a bus driver, do not even stop.
Or as I put it once, using a fake gun to try and scare off someone
merely wastes times you could have spent running away.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!