Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Maximum spacing of ceiling corregated metal.

stryped fired this volley in news:99f055fe-e688-
:

Because I was told by the truss manufacturer that drywall weights too
much. Also, I have to do this totally myself and I dont like the idea
of taping/mudding that much overhead.

I'm tempted to say "poor baby!", but I'll hold on it, because I hate to
tape and joint, too. (although I've done about 300 boards of it in the
last five years; it's not _that_ hard, just irksome).

If that's the case, STILL put up the stringers, and use something like
tileboard, or even paneling. Sheet metal is a lousy ceiling. You want
something relatively quiet. And you're still going to have to run
insulation over the trusses if you want it to be half-way comfortable
during weather extremes.

LLoyd