Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Harbor Freight Free Flashlight and Work Light Question

On Apr 21, 8:45*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
George wrote:

I guess I am missing something. What is the point of having 13 (or 30)
crappy quality flashlights?

Because they're not "crappy." They would be worth it at TWICE the price!

Seriously, they are perfectly adequate flashlights.
* They are all metal, not the "crappy" plastic of some brand-name,
"inexpensive" flashlights.
* They have an actual switch (in the base) instead of a sliding contact.
* They have NINE LEDs instead of seven or five found in the commercial,
brand-name, $4.95+ flashlights.
* They come with a handy little noose, enabling them to dangle from a knob
on the dash.
* They come in colors to match your political persuasion: Blue (Democrat),
Red (Republican), and Black.

I have to agree.

Long before HF began issuing the "free flashlight" coupon every other
day, in every available print and on-line medium known to man, I
bought a package of them at HD.

I forget what it was, something like 6 flashlights with batteries for
$9.95.

I have them tossed in various places, such as the glove compartments
of both cars, my tool boxes, kitchen junk drawer, etc. I can finally
put my hands on a flashlight just about when ever I need one.

Other than dead batteries, I don't think I've ever had one fail due to
workmanship or abuse.