Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default water pipe corrosion

Karl Townsend wrote:
If you can access these parts out of the system, and since it's
non-potable water, I'd look at a coating like those made to coat inside
a gas tank.

Do you have a name. Need more direction to know what to order.
I'd to order it yet today.

Karl

I'll give you the name of the coating I use. Some of the best stuff you
can get and hold like death even if there is rust on the surface.

Kwik-Poly

http://kwikpolyllc.com/

Mix it up. Apply. Let cure in about 5 minutes your done. Works for MUCH
more than just gas tanks or sealing stuff. Starts off as a liquid as
thin as water. Can be mixed with just about anything to use as a filler.

I've used it for sealing gas tanks, mixed with fine sawdust as a
waterproof filler, used a brush to soak it into some damaged wood to
stop the rot and make it secure. Even used it with standard fiberglass
cloth to seal a canoe!

It's not real cheap but I replaced a LOT of other materials with one item.

--
Steve W.