Larry Bud

Default buying a dust collector

"Loves Wood" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm in the market for a dust collection system for my garage/workshop. I
have done some comparative shopping, and I have narrowed it down to either
Delta or Jet. I'm leaning more towards Jet's, but I just don't know. If
you have either of these brands, please reply back and let me know what you
think about it. I just don't trust the reviews on Amazon!

Thanks

I have the JET 708639/DC-1100A 1-1/2HP Dust Collector. Bought it on
Amazon. (why wouldn't you trust the reviews any more or less than
here?). I bought 1 micron bags, I believe from Penn State Industries.
I removed the 4" tee so I have a 6" input. Works great, as I'm just
a 1 man shop. Much quieter than my shop vac, and really picks up
those planer chips. I built a separator, but I need to look at some
other plans, as mine separates only the biggest pieces.

The only quibble, and this isn't a model specific quibble, is
disposing of the dust. It fills up 3 30-gallon bags easily!