Richard Caley

Default singing... where are all the DIY stores gone...

In article , donotspam (d) writes:

d http://www.screwfix.com

d Order one day, it'll be with you the next more often than not. They
d hold good stock and they don't exactly over charge most of the
d time.

OTOH the delivery charge will kill for small orders. (even if they
want to call it a handling charge). A quid for 200 screws might look
OK, seven quid is another matter.

So there is still a big role for shops you can walk in to.

That would seem to me to imply that those shops should be moving
towards supplying those odds and ends.

Mind you, what would I know, I never worked out why B&Q sells
timber. It's crap, expensive and comes in any size you want so long as
it is one of these three. If they used the space to stock more types
of weird fixing, odd tools etc. ISTM they'd be onto a much better bet.

--
Mail me as _O_