Joe Woody Woodpecker

Default buying a dust collector

The comparison between a metal fan and a fiberglass fan is that if you
happen to suck up a nail, staple or other metal object, when it hits the
fan it can throw sparks into your collected dust and smolder into a
fire, long after you shut down the shop.

--

buying a dust collector

Group: rec.woodworking Date: Wed, Dec 24, 2003, 3:15am (MST+7) From:
(Phisherman)
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:39:42 -0600, "Loves Wood"
wrote:
Hi,
I'm in the market for a dust collection system for my garage/workshop. I
have done some comparative shopping, and I have narrowed it down to
either Delta or Jet. I'm leaning more towards Jet's, but I just don't
know. If you have either of these brands, please reply back and let me
know what you think about it. I just don't trust the reviews on Amazon!
Thanks

The best ones are either Penn State or Grizzly. I've got the Penn State
and I'm happy with it, but I'd have no problems with Grizzly either.
Make sure you get a metal propeller. There's nothing special about Jet
or Delta. I'd get the most power for the buck with 5 or less micron
bags.

--
Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...workerJoesInfo

Where you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03
* * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
* * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
* * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
* * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
* * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03