Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Way OT Baling wire?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:44:24 -0600, "Larry Fisk"
wrote:

Used to be used here in Idaho years ago
was mostly abandoned when they came out with sisal then plastic twine
cows got "hardware" disease from ingesting scraps of wire
left in the hay

That's what cow magnets are for, but I guess they don't work all the
time.

"Colbyt" wrote in message
om...
I bought 2 bales of straw at Lowes for a seeding project. Surprise the
bale was bound with baling wire and not string. I am 60 years old and
never seen baling wire used and I worked on the farms a lot as a youngster.

What type of modern combine uses wire? Is it a regional thing?

I am curious.

Colbyt