Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spider spider is offline

Default Has anyone Replaced a "CCD" in a "HandyCam DCR-DVD100"

Robert Macy wrote in

oups.com:

On Apr 20, 1:34*pm, sipder wrote:
Has anyone calibrated the camera afterwards.

spider [ol'head]

ELECTRONICS:
From memory, the amplitude of linear array CCDs varies over
a range of 3:1 amplitude over the product line. Do not
know where, if any, adjustment is made to compensate for
that on your system.

PHYSICAL:
optically you'll have to refocus, get the right distance
between lensing and the 'surface' of the CCD and make sure
you keep that as a plane
= centering, distance, and tilt

We used to store data in nonvolatile memory during a
'calibration' procedure. Might require external
system/software to do something like that

Thanks to all who answered.

Got the camera for a "song." When it worked it was fine.
Sometimes
the picture was unclear though always 'a.o.k' when i used
the A/V
input and when playing r/w dvds. I replaced the 'ccd' without
problem
but I noticed the focusing had changed. It can auto-focus
from about
6 inches to about 20 feet . Greater distances require that i
use the
W/T to focus on an object. I have the service manual and it
involves
quite an elaborate procedure. I was hoping someone had a
'quick
and dirty fix' to my focusing problem .

For now I will use the camera as it is, but will try to shim
the 'ccd'
in the future [if life lasts] to see if focusing is better.

Thanks again

spider [ol'head]

p.s.

A guy that can't spell his 'nic' thinks he can fix a
camcorder [LOL]...
My old and decrepit fingers have a mind of their own ...