Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bandsaw Revisited

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:26:13 -0700 (PDT), Searcher7
wrote:

I'm about to throw out an "old" but unused bandsaw that I picked up
two years ago.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...slander/Tools/

Unfortunately it turned out to be little more than garbage(with cast
aluminum parts) that I couldn't find replacement parts for.

But I thought I'd first ask if it was plausible to start from scratch
and get upper and lower guide assemblies, blocks, holders ect. I'm
just not sure if a full set of parts would be compatible with this saw
beyond having to drill and tap new holes. Are the diameters and
distances between the pulleys different from one 14" bandsaw to
another?

And since the pulleys are I believe cast aluminum, is it even worth it
anyway?

Lastly, I missed out on a Walker Turner bandsaw on Craigslist because
I didn't get back to the seller in time after doing my research, so I
thought I'd ask for recommendations for a good used 14" one to keep my
eyes open for.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Too bad you arent closer..Ive got both a spare DoAll 18" and a Walker
Turner 18" for sale.

The DoAll is pretty cheap G

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate