Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Way OT Baling wire?

I would not go so far as to say no type of combine uses wire or
twine. I know of several combines fitted with balers on the straw
outlet that drop baled straw right out of the combine. They didn't
leave the factory that way, but have been operating in the fields that
way for quite a few years.

Not, exactly, the bales come out of the baler _attached_to_ the walkers
outlet of the combine...so I'll still say the combine doesn't use it.

W/ the advent of cellulosic ethanol and stover-fired generation plants
there's a lot more of this sort of thing altho for those applications
generally small bales aren't the ticket because of transportation so
what they're doing/trying is pulling a 4x6 square baler behind instead
of trying to attach a small square baler.