Posted to alt.home.repair
gwandsh gwandsh is offline

Default Help with security

On Apr 19, 10:03*pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-
wrote:
camryguy wrote:
Hello again, This group has answered my questions before and I am sure
it will again. This one is for my father however. In 1997, he built a
house about 15 mins from where he is currently living. However, the
house has still never been completed. No one has ever lived in it and
has yet to have had the experience of being enjoyed. This may sound
odd, which it is, but when money gets tight and the effort to continue
becomes sparse, you get what I would call an abandoned house. Now to
the point. Earlier this afternoon, I took a drive up to the house just
to check up on the place and enjoy the day by the beach. As I
approached the house, I noticed that all of the temporary window
coverings that were in the windows had been removed. Thinking it was
my father, I continued into the house without a second thought. I
opened the door and walked into a war zone. Furniture had been tipped
over, and damaged, boxes had been rummaged through, drawers were open,
piles of wood were scattered everywhere, etc. I couldn't believe my
eyes. The house, although not yet finished is stuffed full of
furniture and boxes from 2 grandparents houses who have died.
Everything was either touched, damaged or broken. They even had a dog
with them, which left us a little present in the master bedroom. I
know i'm going to get put through the ringer from people here saying
that I should be there more often, etc etc, but with work and other
commitments it honestly gets forgotten. The house does have a working
motion senor light over the basement door, deadbolt locks on every
single door, security tabs on every window which are activated and a
large street light purposely installed right in front of the house. I
have yet to discover a point of entry or a sign of how they are
getting access to the house. No door was forced, no window broken,
nothing. How hard is it to pick a lock? These locks are all Weisers
and are all keyed so that each lock has a specific key, but then there
is also a master which will open every door. The same thing happened
last summer, minus the damage and that was when all the locks were
installed.

Now finally my question. Does anyone know of any security camera that
will only take videos if movement is detected? and if so, how do I get
this set up so that it is wireless. I don't want to be pulling wires
through this house. I also want a recorder to record any anything the
camera may catch. Anyone know of anything that may help that is also
budget friendly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone wishing
to comment negatively, can save it for another thread. Thanks in
advance

Here's a link to one of my suppliers:

http://www.supercircuits.com/

Many stand alone IP cameras and most DVR's Digital Video Recorders for
security purposes have a motion detection option. Anything moving in a
specific area or the whole field of view can be detected by the
equipment, this saves space on the hard drive. Many DVR units and of
course the IP cameras can be monitored via The Internet. I've had very
good service from Supercircuits.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question regarding equipment
like this.

I have a remote weekend place that does not have a phone line or any
method to send a signal to a monitoring service. What I had hoped to
find was a little device like a nanny-cam that would be motion
activated and then record for 5-10 minutes to an internal card (or
similar non-disc storage).

The intent is that if somebody breaks in when the camera is "waiting",
it will record enough to identify and prosecute the perps. Of course
I will need to hide it somewhere, so the lens will have to be small.

Ideas?