Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Both garage door opener remotes stoped working

"mm" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:15:04 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

Actually, I don't even have a garage door and neither does my friend,
but he bought a house that used two remotes and receiver to turn on
the house floodlights before the driver, especially his wife, gets out
of the car. In some mad cleaning moment, he threw away the receiver
when he didn't know what it was, and now needs a replacemnt.

My only experience with a light control that used the extra buttons on the
remote was a very simple system purchased from Sears. The entire receiver
replaced a single pole light switch. There was nothing else connected to
the lighting circuit. It worked with any remote that had dip switches to
set the broadcast code. When I bought it in 1986 or so the price was less
than $20.

I later saw a similar device marketed by Genie. I did a quick search on
Google using "remote light control" without the quotes. Complete new
systems are less than $50. Trying to pair old and new is always a chancy
thing.

Motion sensor lights have gotten really cheap over the last few years and
may be a better, cheaper option. I spent less than $25 for a dual head
floodlight with motion at Lowes last fall.

Colbyt