Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gnack Nol Gnack Nol is offline

Default Has anyone Replaced a "CCD" in a "HandyCam DCR-DVD100"

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:34:03 +0000, sipder wrote:

Has anyone calibrated the camera afterwards.

spider [ol'head]

As a former service tech I can tell you there are no physical settings for
the CCD they are all electronic and any pots that may find have little to
do with it's settings.

To properly calibrate and re-regester the CCD you need three things. 1 a
proper light box and test patterns. 2 the calibration / service computer
or a computer interface with the proper software. and finally 3 Sony's
manual for the correct voltage readings and waveforms.

I forgot to include the 20mhz dual trace scope and fluke VOM meter in my
list of tools.

That is why when those required repair of the main camera functions they
were always returned to Sony it was a lot cheaper.

As well as the procedure being lengthy and involve to the point it was not
economical to service locally. The service computer alone cost over
$500.00 at the time and was not a high demand repair tool since most out
of warranty damaged CCD units meant the recorder was totally hosed and
would cost more than a new one to fix.

Gnack