Edwin Pawlowski

Default buying a dust collector

"Toller" wrote in message
I've had a Penn State dust collector for about a month now. It really
doesn't do as much as I expected.
It is great on my router table, but does very little for the contractors
saw, miter saw, or sanding. Had I realized this, I don't think I would

have
bought one; as a shop vac wasn't too bad on the router table either.

Don't stop now. Enclose the base of the contractor saw and add a dust port.
My Delta has a piece that goes in the bottom and has the dust port. I made
a baffle for the open back. It collects 98% of the dust. For a miter saw
you'd have to make or buy a funnel in back of the saw. I've not done that
yet.

I little time spent on this will make performance much better.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome