Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Can anyone explain .........

(---MIKE---) wrote:

Smarty has it right. I can sit on the couch with a cat on my lap, the
keyboard (infrared remote) next to me and use my TV as a monitor. I
don't have to wear my reading glasses.

I've got a dog on my lap right now, but I do have to wear my reading
glasses. My laptop is usually active when I'm watching TV.

Using dialup, I can usually get
on line in a little over one minute and go right to my email list.

Damn kids made me get Roadrunner years ago. I was never impatient
before- but waiting a minute for Internet access would kill me now.g

don't have to worry about a virus or any other infiltrations.

Sure you do. not as frequent as a Wondoze box-- but they are out
there & you should make yourself aware of them.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=webtv+virus

I can
send and receive photos and even spellcheck. I have a computer (Dell
desktop with Windows Vista) but find it slow and difficult so I never
use it.

Check out the netbooks. I got an Acer Aspire for my wife last year &
she loves it.

Jim