Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Free Flashlight and Work Light Question

They come in handy for quick bit of light, at unexpected
moments. As to quality.... I've had some of the blue ones
come unglued. The light module slides out the front, and the
light stops working. However, only one or two. The store
replaces them without hassle. It's also fun to try to get
stuff for "free".

A couple bits of advice. Promptly take the cheap batteries
out, and put in real brand alkalines. The cheap batteries
provided are OK if you use them up, in the first couple days
and promptly remove them.

Second, the tail cap threads are a lot rough. A bit of
grease or vaseline helps a LOT. Aluminum Noalox, or Ox-Gored
is good, also.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"George"
wrote in message

I'm up to 13 of them. How many have you guys got so far?
Come deer
season, I'm gonna get me one of those shotgun shell belts
(a cheap one,
of course) to hold them all.

I guess I am missing something. What is the point of having
13 (or 30)
crappy quality flashlights?