Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex6 Vortex6 is offline

Default Volcanic fallout?

On 20/04/2010 17:00, Dave wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:35:04 +0100, Dave wrote:

The probes fill up with ash.
I very much doubt it, as there is no air flow through them. Because
of this, the ash would flow around them. We never encountered this
problem with any aircraft supplied to Saudi Arabia.

Wrong type of dust.

I had assumed that everyone knew that the desert contained sand and not
volcanic dust.

Fine, sharp, volcanic ash is not the same a smooth, weatherered,
desert dust. I would not expect it to behave in the same way.

It doesn't, it tends to turn into glass in the combustion chamber.

Dave

I see that UK flight bans have been extended again this afternoon, though
it's curious looking at http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ at the moment to
see planes flying all over Europe and even European planes happily
flying over the UK.

Must be the wrong kind of dust over here................or maybe the
government are scared of personal injury lawyers which seem to be a
strangely British phenomenon within Europe.