Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Please identify this building material

wrote:

I've got anothe rone for you:

In some century-old former factory buildings in Manhattan I've seen ceilings
look like they were concrete poured into wooden molds. THey have the traces
of wooden planks that would have been used to pour the concrete into. But
then I've seen holes through this where I can see light on the other end and
the punctured area looks like plaster. Of course it cudda been plaster (which
was then one third asbestos or horse hair) poured into wooden molds.

Coulda been--
http://books.google.com/books?id=W2Y...sehair&f=false
[tiny url to google book- Pop Mech Feb 1997]
http://preview.tinyurl.com/y6rpyu5

Jim