Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default How do you make a profit during inventory?

Molly Brown wrote:

Is it more profitable to stop stocking the shelves a month before an
inventory like Home Depot does so that you have less to count so that
you don’t have to pay as much in wages for the inventory personnel or
to keep stocking the shelves so that you make-up the time/money you
lose doing the inventory by selling as much as possible?

Since we're all guessing here, and I haven't seen anyone mention it--
My guess is that the new store manager is trying to make his bottom
line look a little better *this* time. [nobody in retail ever
imagines they'll still be doing that *next* time.]

Jim