Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PLUMBING -- Did I just give myself a worse problem?

"DemoDisk" wrote in message

I saved myself maybe $80 by replacing the stem seal and spring on a
Delta shower faucet. I'd have been really pleased with myself, but I
lost three stem springs in the process.

Not until the third one disappeard that I realized I wasn't dropping
them behind the tile -- no, they were too small and were going right
past the stem seat and into the pipe! I finally used the old spring
(sort of conical) from the previous install with the new seal .

So I fixed the drip, but with three springs in the supply line, do I now
have a bigger problem?

Thanks for your help,
Jm

Maybe not. Anything in the line will restrict the flow a bit, but
considering the shape and flow requirements, you may never notice any
difference. The sprigs will drop only to the first horizontal run and,
after a hundred years or so may corrode away completely.