Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.guitar.effects
Sansui Samari Sansui Samari is offline

Default Boss BCB-60 effects pedal board

On Apr 19, 9:10*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Is there a problem with the 1/4 inch sockets on these? Especially the input
one that must take a lot of guitar lead yanking. They are the flimsey
domestic, no name, hifi type things and used vertically at floor level so
any stage crud gets in them.
Intermittant through-signal drop and I cannot induce collectively or
individually and will have to check the internals of all 5 pedals plus
daisy-chain leads etc. Will probably change that first socket anyway,
whatever else found

I'd probably try cleaning them first with contact cleaner or alcohol.
If they feel loose, I'd change them. Check for bad/broken solder
joints. Wiggle any internal wires and check for intermittents, or high
resistances. I haven't worked on one of these, but that's my general
route when working on something of that nature. Sometimes if it's
been wet, something spilled in it... the plating can start coming off
of the contacts on cheap jacks. So maybe check for that...