Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default [OT] Republicans stand with Wall Street

Winston wrote:
On 4/19/2010 6:28 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:
Winston wrote:
On 4/19/2010 5:43 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:
Winston wrote:
On 4/19/2010 12:00 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:

My point was that Goldman can do whatever Goldman wants to do.
There isn't a carrot or stick available to you or me that will
cause them to begin to behave themselves.

No they can't.

Watch them and remember the adage about 'absolute power',
would be my advice. I could be horribly mistaken; you
have my permission to rub my nose in it if we see these
folks doing a perp walk on national TV:

Lloyd C. Blankfein
David A. Viniar
Gary D. Cohn
John S. Weinberg
Michael J. Evans
Michael Sherwood
Alan Cohen
Gregory Palm
Esta Stecher
John H. Bryan
Claes Dahlbäck
Stephen Friedman
William W. George
Rajat K. Gupta
James A. Johnson
Lois D. Juliber
Lakshmi N. Mittal
Ruth J. Simmons

I'd be really surprised to see Bill George walking anywhere.

I think a lot gets lost in the politics of all of this when it
comes to the deal everyone involved has made - and it is everyone,
including the American public.

What did the American Public do to deserve this economic collapse?
Too much _American Idol_?

Vote for it. Repeatedly and in spite of their own known best
interests.

I don't remember a referendum requesting permission to sell
the Securities and Exchange Commission to the highest bidder.
I very much doubt that I would have voted for it, even once.

Sure you do.
The last was the one where Grover Norquist was all the rage for wanting to
shrink government to the point where it could be drowned in a bathtub.

Show of hands, please. Who voted to sell the SEC to Wall Street?
How much did you get for them and where is my share?

Blaming the poor, blind, confused, frustrated, jobless, panic
stricken victim does not usually solve any problem.

You have to admit a mistake in order to learn from it.

Can you elaborate please?
Are you referring to the election of Bush 43?

That was the last but hardly the first.
The jerks and jackasses have been taking over in both houses of Congress for
three decades.
To the applause of a majority of the voters, I might add.
You can't explain Phil Gramm or Dick Armey any other way.

--
John R. Carroll