Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Volcanic fallout?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:35:04 +0100, Dave wrote:

The probes fill up with ash.

I very much doubt it, as there is no air flow through them. Because of
this, the ash would flow around them. We never encountered this problem
with any aircraft supplied to Saudi Arabia.

Wrong type of dust.

Fine, sharp, volcanic ash is not the same a smooth, weatherered,
desert dust. I would not expect it to behave in the same way.

Well someone else actually has some understanding that it isn't sand unlike
Dave, huge and of course geoff.
I assume Dave will never post here again after stating only people with
experience of a particular subject should post.