Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Water Feature

Chris J Dixon
wibbled on Tuesday 20 April 2010 10:04

spamlet wrote:

Is this to be part of a fish pond or just standing on its own?

Just a stand-alone feature.

I had to look after one that was a 'waterfall' into a fish pond for a
while, and even though it had an ultraviolet sterilizer light in the
filter unit, it still got blocked up every couple of days and cleaning the
spongy filter
was a very smelly job. On the other hand, if it's just free standing and
pumping the same few litres round and round, there should be less goo, but
you presumably have to have some ball valve or other device to keep it
topped up.

I don't think it is too hard to use an additive that kills the
"goo".

If there's no wildlife like fish involved, a drop of bleach from would do
wonders, or some of whatever they use in swimming pools.

I've already got outdoor sockets, but a patio to cross before
reaching the intended location.

Is there a continuous wall along the edge that you could clip a suitable
cable to?

--
Tim Watts