Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_2_] Tegger[_2_] is offline

Default Dust in laptop.

Molly Brown wrote in news:8c5b6c6a-38e9-4217-
:

Why do I have to take my laptop completely apart every time I have to
clean dust from its fan? Why isn’t there a simple access door over or
under the fan that you can remove to clean?

There are two fan vents: An intake and an exhaust. With the laptop running,
just blow canned air into the intake and exhaust. Most of the crud will
blow out the exhaust.

You can get rid of the rest of the crud just by removing all the covers
that do exist on the bottom of the laptop, and blowing canned air into the
case towards the fan. Or is that what you mean by taking it apart
"completely?

I've actually taken a laptop apart "completely", and it took me the better
part of an hour to figure it out so I didn't break anything. No, I never
managed to get it back together again...

--
Tegger