Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_9_] Steve B[_9_] is offline

Default Can anyone explain .........

webtv? I strive to grasp the concept, but am missing something. I know
that we all have limited ISP's, bandwidths, dialups, and all the other
things that are dictated mostly by where we live, and not by our computer
literacy.

Yet, I really do not understand webtv. Before I make a judgement on this, I
would like to hear some lucid descriptions of what it is, when it is used,
and what sort of people use it.

With the exception of ONE person in the last ten years, every webtv poster I
have read seemed to be a totally uninformed out of touch individual that one
would picture living at the end of a windy dirt road without running water
or indoor plumbing.

I know that at times, we all have to take the connection available, and want
to grok this. I understand that portion. I do not, however, grok that
99.9% of webtv posters impress me as having a shallow gene pool.

TIA

Steve