Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dust in laptop.

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

On Apr 19, 2:46Â*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
Why do I have to take my laptop completely apart every time I have to
clean dust from its fan? Why isnt there a simple access door over or
under the fan that you can remove to clean?

The manufacturer knows that too much access to the machine internals
will always lead to quite a few incompetent/ignorant/well meaning
people messing with sensitive parts and then burdening their warranty
and repair departments with avoidable claims of malfunction.
There are many things best left to professionals, like major auto
repairs, brain surgery, piloting commercial aircraft, the list goes
on. If you need a clean computer, have it done by someone that can do
it right, or clean up the operating environment. You'll spend a few $$
but the results will be better, and your life will be more tranquil.

Joe

There is NO REASON a laptop cannot be made with access to the cooling
fan rerquiring only the removal of a screw or two.