Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Both garage door opener remotes stoped working

"mm" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:51:15 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

And last is the most expensive. It might be the receiving unit on the
opener.

I'm not the OP but for someone else, I already know I need another
receiving unit. Are those the words I should look for?

Do I have to buy both fobs and receiving unit? Or buy a receiving
unit made for the fobs.

Or is it all universal?

I really don't know. I have never had one die. I would start by seeing if
the MFG has a website and a PDF version of the manual and parts list.
Determine what they call it.

I suspect that there is no such thing as universal. I also suspect that
with the pricing strategy currently in effect that you might be better off
replacing the opener. All the parts I have purchased in recent years are
way out of line with the retail selling price of a new anything. Changing
out an opener with one of a similar design should only take a few hours for
the average handy person. Only hand tools would be required and nothing
dangerous about it.

Colbyt