Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Stockade fence posts -- metal content indeed!

What's that Lassie? You say that Existential Angst fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:54:38 -0400:

As I mentioned, 16 ga 2x2 really slices nicely into the ground, rocks
notwithstanding.

Grab a length of rebar and probe your post locations for rocks.
If you can change the locations of the posts you might find enough
places to hit no rocks at all. If you flatten the end of the tubing,
it will miss more rocks and compress the dirt as it goes in. Will be
harder to drive though.

--

Dan H.
northshore MA.