Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default [OT] Republicans stand with Wall Street

On 4/19/2010 12:13 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:46:43 -0700, Winston
wrote:

On 4/17/2010 4:11 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:

(...)

FWIW -- it appears that even if Goldman Sachs is put out of
business, their executives sentenced long prison terms, with
massive disgorgement of personal wealth, nothing will change
because the system that allowed/encouraged Goldman Sachs and many
other financial firms to flourish at the expense of the people
was not changed.

If those three things were to happen, it would signal a
fundamental and earthshaking change in the system, yes?

Then Wall Street would likely demand a partial refund on
their purchase of D.C.

"It isn't broken and we want it FIXED!".

--Winston

===========
John Carroll appears to be exactly correct when he observes that
until and unless a new super Glass-Stegall is enacted and
enforced, and derivative trading is either outlawed [contracts
not enforceable in the courts] or confined to regulated specialty
exchanges, nothing is going to change in the world of the
banksters. I would add that a "small enough to fail" cap may
also be required for both market share and total capitalization
if things are to be brought under control.

If that is the case then we are in 'violent agreement'.

If the government put GS out of business,
sentenced their executives to long prison terms and
forced them to relinquish the booty, they could only
do so within an appropriate legal structure.

It ain't gonna happen.

--Winston