Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clanger Clanger is offline

Default Fix or throw away - more info

Clanger wrote in message
om...
Clanger wrote in message
Recently (stupidly) bought a used 10" table saw. Set it up today and did
about 3 cuts before it tripped it's inbuilt circuit breaker.

Reset it and turned it back on, it immediately tripped my main board and
does so as soon as I try to start it.

Any thoughts as to likely fault so I can determin if it's worth spending
anymore money on.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Thanks for the replies so far.

The make/model is Performance FMTC10TSW.

When it trips the CU, it trips the whole board and not just the circuit it
is plugged in to.

Many thanks to you all for the suggestions and advice, it is very much
appreciated.

Probably going to be a week or so until I can follow up on your suggestions
but I will do so and let you all know the outcome.

Thanks again.

C.