Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Garage door is off track

On Apr 18, 6:52*am, ransley wrote:
On Apr 17, 11:17*pm, "bob callaway" wrote:

Garage door is off track will not open or close
Is this a do it yourself job or should I call a repairman?

A door doesnt just go off track onless there is something really
wrong. I would get out a pro and find out why, but every pro ive had
out wanted to sell me a cheap door, and my door is probably the most
expensive and well made and perfectly maintained door ive seen, so
beware of what they try to sell you, best is get bids unless the guy
just shows you an easy fix, i would not mess with the big overhead
round wound springs that maintain torsion, the long spring going
lenghtwise with the tracks are less dangerous, but still can harm you.

"every pro ive had out wanted to sell me a cheap door, and my door
is probably the most expensive and well made and perfectly maintained
door ive seen"

OK, I'm totally confused. I'm not doubting what you're saying, I just
don't understand it.

If the door is "perfectly maintained" why are you having pros out? The
words"every pro" (at least to me) indicates at least 3 pros have been
out.

Why have you had so many visits from the pros for "the most expensive
and well made and perfectly maintained door" you've ever seen?