Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Both garage door opener remotes stoped working

On 4/18/2010 2:32 PM, TR wrote:
Have a Lift Master auto-opener in my 2 car garage...both remotes startyed to
need multiple presses on the button for awhile...then they both stopped.
Replaced the battery (correct battery) in both but still no results.

The inside opener pad works fine...?...what can I do to trouble shoot and/or
repair this issue ?

Thanks, Tim

If your opener uses a fixed code set by multiple slider switches, try resetting
all the switches in the receiver, either to a new code pattern or cycle each
switch to the adjacent position and move it back to where it started. Then,
open the cover of one of the remotes and make sure that the slider switches are
set to the same (corresponding) code (switch position pattern). With time, you
could have developed some oxidation at the contact point on one of the sliders
in the receiver and by cycling or moving the slider, you can clean off the
contacts and make a better connection.

It's a long shot, but worth the time before spending big $$ getting the unit
repaired/replaced.