Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_9_] Steve B[_9_] is offline

Default OT Class action settlement by lying lawn mower manufacturers.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:02:53 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

"Existential Angst" wrote:

Really presents a dilemma, dudnit?
Who do I hate more -- lying Sears, or scumbag carpetbagging lawyers??

For a lousy $35, I'd rather **** the lawyers. **** them, and their
mothers.
I'll get $35, and they will get, what, $35,000,000??? **** them, their
mothers, and their lawyer-to-be children.

I'm not biting and I have one of the Sears mowers. It won't be long
before I have to
retire my mower and I don't care to drive up the cost of the next one when
it is the
bottom feeding lawyers cleaning up on this.

Did you opt out? You have until June, I believe.

I wonder if they are going after Sears power tools next?

I wasn't notified so I couldn't opt out. That's another sock cucking,
futher mucking, bool****e methods the Speaking Weasels use to get
their millions. They automatically include "everyone" and then offer
an opt out method. 95% of buyers don't know about it until their four
cent check arrives and they throw it away. The companies are out tens
of millions for writing checks and postage, and the attorneys are
collecting their millions from it. How could some asshole District
Attorney and asshole judge allow this to get to court? How could
someone have been "harmed" by overestimation of horsepower on a
freakin' lawnmower? I just don't get it. How are our safeguards
being overridden so easily? Our legal system is seriously broken.

(Sorry, hot button.)

We get all this attention on misstating horsepower, yet government antics
hardly draw a glance.

Steve