Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Fix or throw away - more info

On Apr 19, 6:56*am, "Clanger" wrote:
Clanger wrote in message

Recently (stupidly) bought a used 10" table saw. Set it up today and did
about 3 cuts before it tripped it's inbuilt circuit breaker.

Reset it and turned it back on, it immediately tripped my main board and
does so as soon as I try to start it.

Any thoughts as to likely fault so I can determin if it's worth spending
anymore money on.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Thanks for the replies so far.

The make/model is Performance FMTC10TSW.

When it trips the CU, it trips the whole board and not just the circuit it
is plugged in to.

Almost certanly an RCD trip then, not MCB. Really you need to properly
fault find on it, but if you really cant then a couple things can be
tried:
1. clean away carbon deposits on and aroud the motor very thoroughly
2. swap L & N wires in the plug.
Either might work.

NT