Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_9_] Steve B[_9_] is offline

Default OT Class action settlement by lying lawn mower manufacturers.

On 2010-04-18, Wes wrote:
"Existential Angst" wrote:

Really presents a dilemma, dudnit?
Who do I hate more -- lying Sears, or scumbag carpetbagging lawyers??

For a lousy $35, I'd rather **** the lawyers. **** them, and their
mothers.
I'll get $35, and they will get, what, $35,000,000??? **** them, their
mothers, and their lawyer-to-be children.

I'm not biting and I have one of the Sears mowers. It won't be long
before I have to
retire my mower and I don't care to drive up the cost of the next one
when it is the
bottom feeding lawyers cleaning up on this.

I wonder if they are going after Sears power tools next?

The way I see it, we were cheated by compressor or lawn mower
manufacturers. An honest manufacturer who would honestly rate their
products, would have no place in the consumer market. So we had these
bull**** "power for a microsecond before self destruction" power
ratings and no honest competition.

I am 62 years old. It amazes me what reaches trial levels in the courts
today, and what would have been "dismissed with prejudice" when I was young.
(Short answer, laughed out of court.)

Reason has suffered, and idiots are controlling the helm.

I had a lawsuit in which gross negligence was provable. I got zero. Zip.
Nada. Yet some slip and fall lawyer can get $50,000 for someone slipping on
a banana peel in Safeway, even though this same plaintiff has had 36 such
previous lawsuits.

It don't matter. In the end, each gets what is coming to them.

In the meantime, I don't choose to support slimy bottom feeding scum. Or
lawyers.

Steve