Posted to alt.home.repair
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Garage door is off track

On Apr 17, 11:17*pm, "bob callaway" wrote:
Garage door is off track will not open or close
Is this a do it yourself job or should I call a repairman?

Is it off-track or broken spring? A broken spring can cause a door to
drop which might knock it off track. Getting the roller back in the
track is no big deal if there is no other damage.

I have repaired tension springs before and it takes care and time ---
You can get hurt. I WOULD NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO REPAIR A TORSION
SPRING!!! Those things store a lot of energy, can spring loose during
the repair and maim or kill you. An old co-worker who lost part of a
hand trying to do a torsion spring repair; and his son received
several stitches in his head from the same accident.

RonB