Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default Musical wood (Is that "Timber" or Timbre?)

Hey All,
I just did a google search for building a xylophone and got several
potential links. Just curious if any of you had ever constructed any
percussion musical instruments from wood. I have been intrigued by
the sounds made by the various tropical woods I've worked with and
though about whipping one up from the scraps. It does not need to be
tonally correct (Not Ruth Underwood approved) but if anyone has any
suggestions or hands on experience I'd appreciate your feedback.
Marc