Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default New Laptop - which flavour of Windows? (and other issues)

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 05:52:35 -0500, BillW50 wrote:

In , Bob Eager typed on 18 Apr 2010
10:30:25 GMT:
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 05:13:31 -0500, BillW50 wrote:

And clicking on all of those safety prompts are also a big waste of
time.

Then turn them off.

Can't turn them all off.

I don't seem to get any at all.

And from a recent update, Microsoft can now remotely disable your
Windows 7 at anytime they want to if you are connected to the Internet.
The user doesn't even control their own OS anymore.

I agree. I use it because I have to. I didn't say it was good. But it's
better than Vista.

Windows 7 is the least worst since XP. Had to upgrade because I'll be
teaching it at work. Not that I use it very much at all.

If you have to use it, then you have to use it. A handful of people are
forced to use Mac and Linux machines too that really don't want too.
Fortunately for me, I can use anything I want too.

Don't use Mac or Linux either! .-)

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org