Posted to alt.home.repair
JRStern JRStern is offline

Default fix one broken spanish roof tile

1930s spanish roof tiles, one broken from a tree branch or something,
letting in a littl rain.

Me, not entirely a newbie home repair guy, but close.

Is there some halfway reasonable way to stick this back in place, or
if not, what are the odds that even a roofing pro would be able to do
much better?

I took a tour of the local Home Depot looking for some kind of
adhesive mortar, they had what I think was a 25lb box that I don't see
online, but it was something like this quickcrete:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Would something like that be appropriate? And is applying something
like that really so nasty (reading the instructions) that gloves
should be worn, eye protection, and sacrificial work clothes? I just
need a quart or so of the stuff, after all.

Or would some kind of exterior calking both stick the tile back
together and hold it in place in a workable fashion for the next, oh,
ten years or so? Assuming nobody is walking on it, and I don't let
the tree branches grow back there either?

Thanks for any and all advice.

J.