Posted to alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

Default Garden Shed

On 4/17/2010 6:35 PM, Kate wrote:
On 4/17/2010 12:14 PM, LdB wrote:
On 4/17/2010 5:04 AM, Kate wrote:
I have a decent-sized shed on my property, and am concerned about skunks
living underneath it.

It is sitting on top of cinder blocks, and some long pieces of wood. I
am not sure just what type of wood, etc., as I can't see much underneath
it.

It is best to just leave it open (opening is small enough that my 5 lb.
Yorkie can't get underneath it), or enclose it with more cinder blocks.

I am not too worried about termites as the shed is sitting on top of
gravel.

I have been searching the internet and am still not sure what to do.

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Kate

On the other hand if you leave them alone they'll leave you alone. I've
had skunks living under my shed for years. They mind their own business
and for all it's worth make better neighbors than some of the people in
the area.

Yorkie will eventually figure it out, both my dogs have been sprayed a
couple of times. They leave the skunks alone now.

I live in an area with lot's of wildlife. I'm as likely to find a bear
or a deer in my yard as a skunk.

The critters were here before me and will still be here when I'm gone. I
made a deal with Mother Nature before I started building. I'll only take
what I need and leave the rest for her. She rewards me constantly.

Sorry to say this but you people living in manicured HOA ghettos, knee
deep in every poison available don't have a clue.

LdB

I understand where you are coming from.

My little dog is only five pounds, and it would just take one time and
the skunk could drag her off. That is what I have heard anyway.

I would be heartbroken if that happened, knowing that I could have done
something about it.

Thanks.

I've got cats as well as dogs, nobody's ever got dragged away by
anything. Falling back on my experience living in the city I know that
pets are far more likely to be harmed by your neighbors than any of
the wildlife around here whether it be by attack or disease.

I walk with my dogs for at least an hour and a half every day. Our
last walk of the day is usually around midnight. I've been less than a
stones throw from every critter in the area. Wolves, and bears
included. I feel safer with them than I would with some of the
screwballs that frequent this newsgroup. You can bet there's a few
like them within a stones throw of your house. If there was any harm
done around your place by a skunk I'll lay odds it would be done by
the two legged variety.

Give your four legged visitors a little respect, they'll return it.

LdB