Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Brick effloresence

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 04:19:55 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

I think I need a new moisture meter, my last one got legs and left me,
im thinking it has to be internal moisture. I get the the stuff
removed alright so a power washer wont do more, but it grows right
back in 12 hours

Does the brick touch the ground, like say, a block wall? Is there an
irrigation line in the vicinity? I asked my neighbor to move his drip
irrigation back from the wall. Drip lines are supposed to be at least
three feet way from block walls. With frequent watering of plants,
etc., the walls still have moisture and minerals leaching in.

We have really hard water. Hardest in the country as best I can tell.
So the minerals leach even into concrete driveways.